Welcome to Candace’s Corner of CyberSpace!
My name is Candace Lindemann and I hope to get to know you better! Having participated in online communities for over 15 years, I appreciate how we can use Internet technology to build a better world.
Candace Lindemann is a published children’s writer and educational consultant. She holds a B.A. from Yale University and an M.Ed. from the Harvard Graduate School of Education. After gaining hands-on educational experience teaching in the classroom at two of the highest-rated high schools in the United States and volunteering with at-risk children, Candace launched a career as an educational consultant. She has created materials for the California PASS Program, Kaplan K-12, Pearson, Thomson, and others, and her articles have appeared in Learning Through History, Calliope, Military Spouse Magazine, Education.com. As an educational expert, Candace has been quoted in Family Circle, MSN’s Mom’s Homeroom, SheKnows.com, and Hot Chalk.
In addition to consulting and writing for some of the biggest names in education, Candace has also consulted for a variety of entertainment, toy, and craft companies, including the National Center for Family Literacy (NCFL), WordWorld (on PBS Kids), the American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA), Corolle, and Toobeez. As a blogger, Candace has served as a paid ambassador for Elmer’s Bag it Forward campaign, and The UPS Store’s Lovin’ Logistics campaign, and as a community leader for Random House’s Summer Play & Learn Community.
Online, Candace is an active member of the Mom Community. She is the co-editor of Mamanista.com, a popular parenting product review blog, co-founder of Bloganthropy, and has blogged and tweeted professionally. On Education.com, Candace serves as a JustAsk Expert and at LeapFrog’s community she is the Baby and Toddler Expert Blogger.
Following some time in Texas, supporting her active duty soldier, Candace returned with her family to their home state and currently lives on Long Island (outside of New York City) with her husband, preschool-aged daughter, toddler son, and their two cats. Candace continues to volunteer extensively in her community.
While Candace’s B.A. from Yale University and M.Ed. from the Harvard Graduate School of Education prepared her for a career in education, she’s found that the best preparation for parenting is on the job training.
- Resume on LinkedIn
- Recent Press
- Bloganthropy: Blog + Philanthropy = Bloganthropy. We’re combining the power of social media with the resources of corporate giving to help build a better world.
- Naturally Educational: my education site
- Mamanista.com: my baby and parenting product review blog
- Army Wives’ Lives: my military spouse community site
- Mama Saga: my personal story as a mother
- Educational Consulting: I offer educational consulting for product development, marketing, and consumer-level supplementary materials. Please contact me: candace [at] naturallyeducational.com
- Social Media Consulting: I provide strategy-level social media consulting and implementation of blog and twitter campaigns. Please contact me: candace [at] naturallyeducational.com
- Hostessing/Brand Ambassador: My co-editor and I at Mamanista.com are happy to serve as blogger hostesses and brand ambassadors or enthusiasts when the project is a fit. I focus on education, natural parenting, the arts, crafts, toys, and volunteering, and Debbie’s experiences and interests include fitness, crafts, working mothers’ issues, Internet marketing, the travel industry, and corporate giving. Please direct invitations to info [at] mamanista.com.
- Guest Content: As a professional writer and established blogger, I can provide guest content for your corporate blog or microsite. Please contact me: candace [at] naturallyeducational.com
- Product Reviews: My co-editor and I review family-friendly products for children and parents at Mamanista.com. Please see our submissions guidelines and information at Mamanista.com.
- Advertising: My co-editor and I offer reasonably-priced advertising for family-friendly products on Mamanista.com and I currently offer limited advertising on Army Wives’ Lives. Currently there is no available advertising on my other websites.
The best way to contact me is via e-mail (candace [at] naturallyeducational.com).
If you would like to connect on various social networking sites, I’d love to chat with you about education, baby products, natural parenting, volunteering, and military spouse issues. Continue the discussion at: